Made of Win
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a gathering place of people who are, by their very nature, made of win.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Like No Tomorrow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
circe

circe

Live Like No Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Live Like No Tomorrow   Live Like No Tomorrow EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Title: Live Like No Tomorrow
Author: Naelany
Summary: Edward and Jasper have always been friends. Follow them as they embark on a journey through serious illness and witness the amazing power of love and the hope it provides. Any such journey is an emotional one so get yourself a fresh box of kleenex.
Rating: M

Why I'm rec'ing it: Naelany has an amazing ability to write Jasper and Edward sensitively, and this story had me so hooked when she sent me the first chapter to see what I thought that I ended up beta'ing for it. It's definitely emotional and has heartfail, but it's also a beautiful story about love that has developed over the years between two best friends who finally admit their feelings when one is faced with a relapse of cancer. I have it straight from the source that it's a story about hope rather than a story focused on death and loss. It's inspired by the Tim McGraw song, "Live Like You Were Dying."

Find it here: Live Like No Tomorrow

Quote :
The ticking of the clock seemed to be drowning out everything. I watched as the pendulum swung back and forth. My eyes were stinging as I watched, unblinking, refusing to acknowledge the tears that were threatening to spill. From the periphery of my vision, I could see the painting that hung directly behind him, but I could not bring myself to focus on it. It would cause me to see his face, and I could not bear seeing the pity that was sure to reside there.

The ticking was growing louder, drowning me, ticking my life away.

"....I'm sorry, Son."

Those three words penetrated the noise from the clock, piercing my heart, devouring my soul.

Time.

I was out of time.

NOTE: Moved this here so those who don't read slash don't have to wade through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorceresscirce
ahizelm

ahizelm

Live Like No Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Like No Tomorrow   Live Like No Tomorrow EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:50 pm

This story had me forgetting to breathe by about a third of the way through the first chapter. It's so well done ... I sort of love it even though it hurts my heart.

Besides, in chapter 2, there is one of the sweetest mental images ever, and that, in and of itself, makes me smile.

Karin (Naelany) has the ability to interweave a little comedy and happiness into the strenuous situation that E and J find themselves in and believe me: it is necessary.

4 Stars so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://il-mio-cantante.livejournal.com/

Live Like No Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1