Made of Win
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a gathering place of people who are, by their very nature, made of win.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sort of Beautiful Challenge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
circe

circe

Sort of Beautiful Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Sort of Beautiful Challenge   Sort of Beautiful Challenge EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 pm

Quote :
SORT OF BEAUTIFUL CHALLENGE

Origin of Challenge:

Although we are true lovers of all male characters of Twilight (except maybe Tyler Crowley), we find there aren’t enough opportunities to spread our Jacobean wings and share with the Fanfiction Universe our adoration for our favorite Native American. So, on a long night in August, seven women gathered on Skype and decided to change the face of Team Jacob forever, thus resulting in the formation of Team SOB(Sort of Beautiful).

Rules of the Challenge:

With that in mind, we would like to introduce and invite you to enter our first SORT OF BEAUTIFUL CHALLENGE. The contest will feature quality, Beta’d stories of any human Jacob as a central character theme. We ask that your one-shot be a stand-alone, original piece written for the contest, and not continued until the winners have been announced.

The one-shot must be kept between 3000 and 7000 words and may or may not contain lemons. If you are not 18 years of age, we encourage and welcome you to be part of the contest, but please do not participate in the lemon contest by writing stories with smut. We WILL be checking profiles and you WILL be disqualified. We also will NOT accept entries containing acts of or the insinuation of any type of abuse, rape, incest, mutilation, pedophilia, torture, and/or forced submission to sexual acts.

Collaborations will be welcome, but we ask that no writer do more than one solo entry and one collaboration. That means a single writer may have two one-shots in the contest, but only one will be a solo work.

Although, we appreciate any and all stories that will be entered, we require each one-shot to be Beta’d. We are fortunate to have a member of Project Team Beta on our panel of judges, so if you do not currently have a Beta, please contact one of the challenge judges or PTB to help you find one. It is a must, as we predict a large volume of entries. The link to PTB is: http://community.livejournal.com/ptb_twilight/389.html

Finally, as a twist on the challenge, we will require the quote “Sort of beautiful” to be included in your one-shot. It can be said by any character and in any circumstance, not restricted to reference of Jacob. We hope this will add to the enjoyment of the writer as well as the reader.

Submission of Entries:

The submission time frame will run from August 24 through September 28, 11:59 EST.

All one-shots submitted will be validated by members of the judging panel to ensure they meet all criteria of the challenge

All submissions will need to be posted to Fanfiction.net and a link sent via PM to the “SORT OF BEAUTIFUL CHALLENGE” profile. The required header will be posted below. We will also have a banner available for you to add to your signature to advertise your participation in the challenge. If you are a first time writer, PLEASE let us know when you submit. We want to encourage you to join in the fun, and it’s a great way to get your feet wet.

Judging and Winners:

Our panel of judges has decided the overall winner will be chosen by way of blind public poll. The vote will be conducted from October 1 through October 12, with the winner being announced on October 15 along with additional winners from judged categories.

Additional winners will be judged by our panel using the following categories:

1. Best “Bad Boy” Jacob

2. Best “Best Friend” Jacob

3. Most Unique Storyline

4. Best Peen for stories with Lemons; and Best Kiss for stories with No Lemons

We reserve the right to add categories or additional winners should an outstanding submission call for it.

Each winner will receive a winning banner and a random piece of Twilight memorabilia.

For more info, visit the link at the top Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorceresscirce
ahizelm

ahizelm

PostSubject: Re: Sort of Beautiful Challenge   Sort of Beautiful Challenge EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:59 pm

Kimbeeeeeeeeer!
Back to top Go down
http://il-mio-cantante.livejournal.com/
kcullen10

kcullen10

PostSubject: Re: Sort of Beautiful Challenge   Sort of Beautiful Challenge EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm

haha i know, i know, i totally want to enter this... unfortunately since its been nearly a month since i wrote a single word for JCMS or even read a chapter of fanfic (thats how emo ive been lol), i dont think i'm up for this one. i gotta channel canon-jake and get him out there again before i do anything like this.

plus ive never entered a contest and i'd be scurred... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://kcullen10.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sort of Beautiful Challenge   Sort of Beautiful Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1